11.03.2008

Happy Birthday Michael Dukakis

Well, in honor of election season, I'd like to do a special post for today- Michael Dukakis' birthday! While he's now remembered mainly for losing to Bush I (and for a visual gag in the Naked Gun 2 1/2 which compared him to the Hindenburg), Michael Dukakis was the first democratic presidential candidate I can remember and therefore the primordial example of good in the eternal struggle against evil. Lloyd Bentsen, riding shotgun in the Dukakis-mobile, also has a very special place in my heart...



Now that's what I want in a governor! A guy who walks around diners disrupting patrons trying to have a nice, quiet meal.

2 comments:

Nate said...

WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON! WILLIE HORTON!!! WILLIE HORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops.

At any rate, since Lloyed Bentsen is basically my hero, I'm obligated to post this clip, hopfully familiar to everyone, but always worth a watch. RIP, Lloyd!

Chris said...

PWNED!!!

Ahhh, what a classic. I love the blank stare on Quayle's face as Bentsen lays down the greatest line in the history of debate.

To quote Will Ferrell (in Old School) "That's how you DEBATE!!!"