10.29.2008

Dubious Characterizations

Okay, maybe everyone in the world has seen these Coke Zero ads except for me. They're a little weird, and have some ... interesting ... features I'll unpack a bit below the fold:



Okay. So, I guess the tongues can TASTE the Coke Zero, but can't SEE the label...the eye is the opposite. Got it. That seems to be about as far as the Coke folks went with continuity of vision here. Some thoughts:

How can either an eye or a tongue speak?

Why does the brain get a wagon instead of legs? It also could have sort of slithered along like a slug or something.

The assigned ethnicities REALLY confuse me. The eye is French, the tongues are British, and the brain is American. I think I would have gone completely the other way...clearly, it should be assigned thusly:
- French should be the tongues (they invented cuisine, and it's called FRENCH KISSING...geez).
- British goes to the brain, ditching the Cockney style for a more aristocratic accent (everything sounds smarter when you say it with a British accent).
- American goes to the eyes, because, um, that's what's left?

At any rate, the ads are kinda neat. Not really brilliant or hilarious, but interesting and, I think, well-done.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I hadn't seen those before. And I, for one, found them hilarious. I'm an easy sell. I still dislike coke, though, so scratch that.

Nate said...

Coke is the best, you heathen. I've not had Coke Zero, though...